What Causes Neck Pain?
Neck pain is among the most common complaints. It is especially common among people over 50. Neck pain can occur anywhere in your neck - from the top of the shoulders to the bottom of the head. It can also radiate to your arms and upper back. There are different causes of neck pain, including the following:
- Poor sleeping position
- Car accident (back sprain or strain)
- Muscle spasm (makes it hard and painful to turn the head)
- Disk degeneration (narrowing of the spinal canal)
How is Neck Pain Treated?
If the pain is mild, there is no need to go to the doctor. In such cases, self-care for a couple of weeks is the most effective treatment method. However, if the pain is severe or lasts for a long time, then it is better to consult a chiropractor. Aside from chiropractic care, we recommend the following for the treatment of neck pain.
- Physical therapy: A physical therapist will use neck-strengthening and alignment exercises, electrical stimulation, ice, heat, and other treatment options to ease your pain and prevent it from occurring again.
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS): It is a procedure, during which electrodes are placed on the skin near the affected area and deliver electrical impulses that also help to reduce pain.
- Traction: This procedure is performed under the supervision of a healthcare professional or a physical therapist. In this procedure pulleys, weights, or an air bladder are used to gently stretch the neck muscles.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help?
Chiropractic care is a popular and completely non-invasive approach that has already demonstrated positive results. Many patients choose chiropractic care because it is much gentler than more traditional techniques. A chiropractor performs special muscle releases and adjustments to reduce the tension in the neck and release the pain.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Neck Pain Treatment in Stuart, FL
Call Morgan Chiropractic today at (772) 221-8969 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.